On Demand Plasma Cutting
Upload your design to our online pricing system, tell us about your parts and order in minutes.
No minimum orders
We handle orders of all sizes, with no minimum orders. From a single piece to pallets of parts.
Cutting Time is located near a major air freight terminal, meaning we ship parts world wide, fast
What is Cutting Time?
Cutting Time is a CNC plasma cutting service based in Calgary, Alberta with a focus on ease of ordering and fast turnaround. Our goal is to save you as much time as possible throughout the manufacturing life cycle of your projects. Cutting Time can save weeks of your time by providing you with an instant price online and cutting your parts same day. This means faster prototype iteration, better delivery times for you and your customers, less downtime in your operations and most importantly, no headache.
First Time Here?
Let us show you how to use our online pricing calculator!
For us to calculate manufacturing times accurately and give you the best pricing possible, there are two pieces of information from your design that you will need to put into our pricing calculator.
Please do not combine multiple parts into one file.
- Overall Length and Width
- This is how much material we will need to manufacture each part. These dimensions need to match the “Bounding Box” of your part, which is the smallest rectangle you can fit your part inside of. For example, if your part is a 10″ circle, your overall dimensions would be 10″ x 10″.
- Cutting Distance
- This is the total distance of material our plasma will have to cut to make your part. This includes the outer contour, inside contours and holes. Most CAD software will call this “Loop Length” or “Path Distance” when inspecting your design.
How To Find These Values
- We prefer .dxf format where possible. However, we support the following formats, .DXF .STEP .IGES .DWG .SVG
- Watch for open contours. Any open, broken or non connecting lines in your file will not be properly compensated for kerf and will result in delays cutting your order.
- Please limit the drawings to one part per file. Once you have added a part to your cart, you can navigate back to our pricing page to add more parts to your order..
- Do not compensate for kerf in your file. If your software has a kerf or “line weight” option, ensure this is set to 0.00″ or “Hairline”.
How To Export Your Design
We take pride in providing extremely fast turnaround time and following through with a wide range of shipping options to suit your budget and timeline. Our proximity to a major air freight terminal allows us to offer next day shipping across most of North America
Shipping prices are calculated live at checkout, and are limited to parts under 24″ x 24″. If you’re parts are larger than this, please contact us for a manual quote.
Need Some Help?
We handle everything from creating CAD drawings
to designing your project from scratch.
Most frequent questions and answers
Cutting Time is based out of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Cutting Time aims to manufacture and ship all orders on the following business day, or same day where possible. In the unlikely event of a material shortage, or other unforeseen delay, we will contact you immediately and provide an updated ETA.
Yes, Cutting Time ships world wide!
Cutting Time offers a variety of shipping services to best suit your timeline and budget. This is chosen at the checkout, and shows a corresponding delivery date. If you need your parts delivered sooner than the provided dates, please contact us for alternative shipping options.
Our shipping options provided at checkout are through parcel carriers and are the fastest method. If shipping times aren’t a concern, please contact us for a freight quote
Unfortunately, due to the nature of custom manufactured parts we cannot offer returns on parts. That being said, we do stand behind our manufacturing and quality control processes. In the event of a manufacturing defect, we will do our best to remedy the situation as quick as possible.
Please view our full terms and conditions for more information.
Not at all! We can cut many materials and sheet thicknesses not listed on the pricing calculator. Contact us for pricing on your specific project.