For us to calculate manufacturing times accurately and give you the best pricing possible, there are two pieces of information from your design that you will need to put into our pricing calculator.
Please do not combine multiple parts into one design
- Overall Length and Width
- This is how much material we will need to manufacture each part. These dimensions need to match the “Bounding Box” of your part, which is the smallest rectangle you can fit your part inside of. For example, if your part is a 10″ circle, your overall dimensions would be 10″ x 10″.
- Cutting Distance
- This is the total distance of material our plasma will have to cut to make your part. This includes the outer contour, inside contours and holes. Most CAD software will call this “Loop Length” or “Path Distance” when inspecting your design.
How To Find These Values
- We prefer .dxf format where possible. However, we support the following formats, .DXF .STEP .IGES .DWG .SVG
- Watch for open contours. Any open, broken or non connecting lines in your file will not be properly compensated for kerf and will result in delays cutting your order.
- Please limit the drawings to one part per file. Once you have added a part to your cart, you can navigate back to our pricing page to add more parts to your order..
- Do not compensate for kerf in your file. If your software has a kerf or “line weight” option, ensure this is set to 0.00″ or “Hairline”.